FYI ~ Randomly Interesting Wedding Statistics
Photo Courtesy of Gordon Jovic Photography
• The average American engagement lasts 16 months.
• The average engagement ring costs $4,411.
• The most popular months for weddings are (in order): June, August, September, October and May.
• Every year an average of 2.4 million weddings are performed in the US.
Photo Courtesy of Tiny Comet Photography
• 80% of weddings are performed in churches or synagogues.
• 175 guests are invited to an average wedding.
• The top wedding destinations are Las Vegas (100,000 weddings/year) and Hawaii (25,000 weddings/year).
• The average age for a first-time bride is 27; for a groom it’s 29.
• The average wedding has 5 bridesmaids and 5 groomsmen.
• The average amount spent on a bridal gown is $800.
• David’s Bridal accounts for 20% of all bridal-gown sales.
• 99% of newlyweds take a honeymoon.
• The average honeymoon vacation lasts one week.
• 69% of engaged couples have known each other longer than 3 years.
• 64% of couples live together before marriage.
• There is a 43% chance of a marriage ending in divorce.
• 60% of brides change their surnames.
• 67% of women continue to wear the same fragrance they wore on their wedding day.
Photo Courtesy of Swensen Photography