Planning Your Wedding~Relax~Ways to Relieve Stress While Planning Your Wedding
Photography by: Swensen Photography
So you are planning your wedding. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Not sure where to start and how to get it all done. Don’t stress, focus on one thing at a time and it will all come to place.
Here are some tips to stay motivated and get it all done before your big day.
1. Create a list~ I know for me that if I have a lot on my plate that I will make a list and cross things off when they are complete. This way I feel like I am getting things done & making some head way. Don’t forget to put on the small tasks and cross them off because every little thing makes a difference.
2. Know where to look~ There are many resources out there for you to help you plan your wedding, you just need to know where to look. Well you are in the right place. The bride and groom.com can help you get lots of ideas & help you find the right vendors to make your wedding spectacular. To keep up with our latest posts you can also follow us on facebook and on twitter. Here is a little overview of our website:
Click here if you are wanting to search for vendors.
Click here if you are wanting to know about the next Bridal Show.
Click here if you are wanting planning & ideas.
Click here for our Free Printable Wedding Planner.
Click here if you can’t find something and want help finding it. (We are here to help our brides find just what they are looking for.)
3. Get help from the GROOM~This is his special day too. Okay, so he hasn’t been planning your wedding in his mind for years. And most things he really doesn’t care about. But he does care about you and making you happy. So get him involved in the decisions & the planning. Men can be a great help when it comes to many aspects of his wedding. If he won’t budge ask him what he is willing to do & try to get his help somewhere.
4. Take time for yourself~ Yes, you have a lot on your mind. That is why you need to make sure you give yourself a break. Go do something relaxing for you. Get a massage, get your nails done, go shopping for a new outfit. Take a hot bubble bath in candle lite. Something that is just for you. If you don’t take care of you, you won’t be able to take care of the wedding plans.
5. Get the family involved~Weddings are a great opportunity for you to get even better relationships with your friends, siblings, your parents & your soon to be in laws. Talk with family & friends and see if they are willing to help you in some of your wedding details. You might be surprised who is willing & wanting to help you.
6. Hire backup~ If all else fails, consider hiring reinforcements. If you don’t have a wedding planner yet & you are becoming completely overwhelmed, maybe it is time to get some help. You can check out our wedding planner vendors here.
7. Stay organized~You may think it sounds difficult to be organized when there are so many aspects to keep in line for your wedding. But keep it all together, keep it simple and make sure you write it all down. Who is doing what, where you need to go to get certain items, what you need to look for etc… I kept a binder for my wedding and it made things run a lot more smooth. You can do this.
8. Have Fun~ This is the most important. Don’t stress yourself over the minor details of your wedding. This day will be one you will want to remember all of your life, not remember dreading how stressful it was to get there. Give your self enough time to plan so that you enjoy all the moments of planning your wedding. Remember it isn’t about the destination it is about how you actually got there that really matters.
Photography by: Monarch Photography
Photography by: Swensen Photography